Effective from January 1, 2018
Thank you for choosing Drammen Bysykler. As you have purchased a subscription to Drammen Bysykler and signed up to use Drammen Bysykler, you have entered into a binding agreement with Clear Channel Norway AS (“Clear Channel”). The agreement's terms and conditions for using Drammen Bysykler are laid out in this document.
Drammen Bysykler is a bike rental system. To be able to rent bikes from Drammen Bysykler, the following conditions must be met.
Most of the information you provided during registration can be changed or corrected accordingly by logging into “My Pages” on the Drammen Bysykler website.
2 YOUR RIGHTS
A subscription to Drammen Bysykler entitles you to hire one (1) rental bike for a limited period in Drammen during the opening hours. You can hire the bike as many times as you want during your subscription period, but on each occasion, you have the right to use the bike for a maximum of three (3) hours.
3 CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT
We reserve the right to make changes to the agreement if necessary. When we make significant changes to the agreement, we give you a clear message that is appropriate in the circumstances, e.g. on the Drammen Bysykler website or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of Drammen Bysykler will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Therefore, we kindly ask you to read all messages carefully.
If you do not want to continue using Drammen Bysykler according to the new version of the agreement, you can cancel your subscription of Drammen Bysykler by contacting us.
4 THE USE OF Drammen Bysykler
To use Drammen Bysykler and get access to rental bikes, you must (1) be 18 years or older, (2) have the right to enter into a binding agreement with us and not be prevented from doing so due to applicable laws. You also promise that all the information you give to Clear Channel in the registration process is true, accurate and complete, and that you agree to ensure that it continues to be so.
4.1 OUR SERVICES & SUBSCRIPTIONS
Clear Channel offers rental bikes that can be used seasonally in Drammen. To hire one of the bikes, you will need a subscription for the season.
4.2 Drammen Bysykler CARDS
Your subscription is connected to a special Drammen Bysykler card. This card can then be used to rent a bike at any of our stations. You can reuse your Drammen Bysykler card with each renewal of the subscription.
5 USER GUIDELINES
- You are responsible to follow all applicable traffic laws. It is also your responsibility if you harm yourself, others or do damage to property when you hire a bike.
- You are personally responsible for your bike and bike card until they are officially returned to us. You can only borrow one (1) bike at a time on your card. Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to our Customer Service. If you fail to notify us or notify us after the misuse of the card, you will be held responsible for its misuse. Lost cards are replaced at cost. For rules for purchase over the Internet, please see clause number 8 Payments, Cancellation and the Right of Withdrawal.
- You can borrow the bike for a maximum of three (3) hours at a time during opening hours of hiring. If you fail to return the bike at the right time, a dot shall be marked beside your name/subscription in the system. After three (3) dots, Clear Channel can block your use of the service. We reserve the right to send out a reminder by email if the bike is not returned.
- Return the bike to a Drammen Bysykler station and report any damage to us via our free app or by calling our Customer Service 23 89 88 14. When returning the bike, you must ensure that it is returned correctly. The light in the lock changes from green to red and then the bike is locked.
- If the bike is parked/locked outside of our bike stations, it is done entirely at the cardholder’s responsibility. Theft/loss of the bike must be immediately reported to our Customer Service. You are obliged to cooperate with Clear Channel in the case of a police report. If the bike is stolen or damaged, you are required to compensate Clear Channel for any repairs or theft up to the value of 3600 NOK (incl. VAT), and Clear Channel has the right to block your use of the service. Clear Channel disclaims all liability for damages incurred in connection with your use of the rental bike. This disclaimer does not apply if the damage is caused by gross negligence on the part of Clear Channel.
- We would like to inform you about changes to the service, conduct market research, and remind you when it is time to renew your card either via email, telephone or letter. Of course we will not disclose your information to a third party.
6 RESTRICTIONS AND CHANGES TO THE SERVICE
Clear Channel will make efforts to ensure that the Drammen Bysykler bikes are available for use at all times during the season. However, technical complications or maintenance may, on occasion, result in the temporary interruption to the system. Clear Channel reserves the right, at any time, to modify or suspend the operations of the Drammen Bysykler service, with or without notice. When you enter into this agreement, you understand, acknowledge and agree that Clear Channel is therefore not liable to you for the interruption or termination of, or amendment to, the Drammen Bysykler service.
If you prepaid for a subscription that Clear Channel permanently terminates before the end of the prepaid period (as defined in the section Payments, Cancellation and the Right of Withdrawal), Clear Channel will refund you for the prepaid period following the permanent termination.
This section is applicable to the extent permitted by Norwegian law.
7 CUSTOMER SERVICE
For help with questions about your account or payments (“Customer Service Issues”), please contact our customer service by using one of the contact channels available under “Contact” on our website. We will respond to all queries as quickly as possible, but we cannot guarantee an answer within a specific time period.
8 PAYMENTS, CANCELLATION AND THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
To use Drammen Bysykler, a valid credit card must be registered. We need to have a valid credit card registered in case there would be any kind of misuse of our bikes or system, but also for security reasons.
Subscriptions can be purchased by advance payment which gives you access to Drammen Bysykler during a certain period of time (the “Prepaid Period”). The agreement will remain valid for you until terminated by you or Clear Channel.
When you sign up for a subscription, you gain access to Drammen Bysykler bikes and agree that your subscription will start with the first use (with the exception of cards that are sent to you by post). For subscriptions that are tied to a card that is sent to you by post, the subscription period begins from the date the card is activated or automatically activated within 30 days of registration.
When you sign up for a subscription via the Drammen Bysykler website, and provided you have not started using the service, you as a consumer have the right to terminate the agreement by notifying Clear Channel no later than fourteen (14) days after you signed the agreement (“cooling off period”). If you start using the service during the cooling off period, this right becomes invalid. You must pay for the return postage according to the Post’s postal rates for the card. The right of withdrawal does not apply to uncollected deliveries. The returned card must be in unused and undamaged condition. If you use your right of withdrawal, Clear Channel will refund you within thirty (30) days for the amount you paid to Clear Channel. This period is counted from the date Clear Channel received your notice of withdrawal from the agreement.
If you want to receive a full refund of all fees paid before the cooling off period is over, you must contact Customer Service.
Note that if you cancel your payment or cancel your subscription and/or terminate the Agreement (1) if you have used Drammen Bysykler during the cooling off period, or (2) after the cooling off period (if applicable), or (3) if the service has been suspended by Clear Channel because of misuse, we will not refund any subscription fees already paid to us.
Clear Channel may change the price of the subscription, and will inform you of price changes in advance and, if appropriate, how to acknowledge and accept these changes. You accept the new price by renewing your subscription for the Drammen Bysykler service after the price change takes effect. If you object to the price change, you are entitled to reject the change by cancelling your subscription via the Drammen Bysykler website. Therefore please read all messages about price changes carefully.
If you want to know how you can cancel your Drammen Bysykler subscription, please contact our customer service by using one of the contact channels available under “About Us” on our website. You can terminate the agreement at any time via “My Pages” on the Drammen Bysykler website or by writing to our Customer Service.
This section is applicable to the extent permitted under Norwegian law.
9 GUARANTEE AND DISCLAIMER
We try to offer the best service we can, however you understand and agree that Drammen Bysykler is provided “as is” and “as available”, without any explicit or implied guarantees or promises about the condition. You use Drammen Bysykler at your own risk. In accordance with what is permitted under Norwegian law, Clear Channel does not make any pledges and disclaims all guarantees of satisfactory quality, marketability or suitability for a particular purpose.
What is mentioned in this section does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
To the extent permitted under Norwegian law, you agree that if you have any problems or are dissatisfied with Drammen Bysykler, your rights are limited to the discontinuation of the use of the bikes supplied by Drammen Bysykler.
Company’s legal name, address and registration number:
Clear Channel Norway AS
Schweigaards Gate 16, 0191 Oslo, Norway
Company registration number 976 227 891